Saturday, June 23, 2007
Time Flies
I was just responding to a blog on Vicki Courtney's website "Virtuealert" regarding her son turning 19. For any of you with teenagers, she is awesome, check her out sometime. Anyway, she was talking about how quickly time flies from kindergarten to college. One minute our kids are confirming 100 times that we are going to be at the game/recital/cheerleading competition and the next they are asking us not to stand up and yell and scream or shout" it will be ok" when they make that fatal error. When does this happen? We should be prepared. Our friends who have been there warn us, we know from our own childhood that this is a natural, normal progression into adulthood. Maybe so, but we do not have to like it! Accept it, yes, but like it....? Time really does fly too quickly so I have vowed to enjoy every minute I have, raise our children to be God loving, kind and gentle adults who care about the world, each other and come to mom's for dinner once in awhile!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment