Monday, June 18, 2007
Hello, Nice To Meet You
I have been pondering the perfect content for my very first blog post and decided to just get on with it. I was inspired to create this blog as a means of "keeping up with the times" and as added incentive, reach out to breast cancer survivors, regardless of where they are on their journey. As my bio mentions, I am a breast cancer survivor. I was diagnosed with Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC) six years ago October. IBC is a very rare form of breast cancer that not many people are familiar with. Usually within three years of diagnosis, women loose their battle to this disease, so as I tell everyone....I am currently on "God Time"! I endured chemo, mastectomy, radiation and partial reconstruction. I'll spare you the gory details for a later date, but know that every experience is the same and every one is different. A positive attitude is essential to survival and so is a relationship with Christ. You heard me. A relationship. If you aready have one, stay the course and know that He is with you, wrapping His arms of comfort around you. Lean on Him. If you don't, grab a Bible and start praying. Find a friend who has one or a church that you feel comfortable with and confess to Christ that you need Him in your life. Trust me, you do. And not just for now, when things have hit rock bottom, but always. None of that "why me" nonsense either. Why not you?? Have your pity party for a minute and then get on with the task of surviving. You can do this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment